It was major news April 4 when the authorized analysis and expertise corporations Fastcase and vLex introduced their merger, making a single entity that they are saying now has the world’s largest subscriber base of legal professionals and regulation corporations and a authorized analysis library of greater than 1 billion paperwork from greater than 100 international locations.
It’s a deal that might reshape the authorized tech panorama on a world foundation and doubtlessly even threaten the longstanding authorized analysis duopoly of Westlaw and LexisNexis. So what does it imply for the businesses? What does it imply for his or her clients? And what does it imply for the authorized market extra broadly?
To discover these questions and extra, LawNext host Bob Ambrogi is joined by the 4 founders of the 2 corporations:
- Lluis Faus, cofounder and CEO of vLex and now international CEO of the mixed entity, generally known as the vLex Group.
- Angel Faus, cofounder and chief expertise officer of vLex.
- Ed Walters, cofounder and former CEO of Fastcase and now chief technique officer of vLex.
- Phil Rosenthal, cofounder and former president of Fastcase and now chief progress officer of vLex.
Thank You To Our Sponsors
This episode of LawNext is generously made attainable by our sponsors. We admire their assist and hope you’ll examine them out.
- Paradigm, dwelling to the follow administration platforms PracticePanther, Bill4Time, MerusCase and LollyLaw; the e-payments platform Headnote; and the authorized accounting software program TrustBooks.
- Lawmatics, offering authorized consumer consumption, regulation follow CRM, advertising and marketing automation, authorized billing, doc administration, and rather more, multi function easy-to-use regulation follow software program.
Should you take pleasure in listening to LawNext, please depart us a evaluate wherever you take heed to podcasts.